The message is clear. If you’re going on vacation in Norway next week, a trip to Northern Norway might be a good idea.
Moi Rana will receive the highest temperature in the region, up to 28 degrees Celsius on Friday. Tromsø also gets a warm start to the weekend, a whopping 24 degrees, before the heat eases slightly in the following days, according to Aslaug Skålevik Valved, meteorologist on duty at the Meteorological Institute.
– Valvet says they tasted more late summer than in southern Norway, so the heat was well deserved.
Low pressure for the weekend
According to Valved, Wednesday and Thursday could be tropical days in Hamar, where temperatures are currently expected to be 29 degrees.
– Temperatures will drop until the end of the week with rain. Then it drops to 20 to 22 degrees indoors, he explains.
In southern Norway, the weather is about to change, so it’s good to enjoy the sunshine in the next few days. On Friday, a low pressure area is expected towards eastern Norway and Trøndelag with a good shower. This will also reduce the temperature.
– It is worth noting that the farmers in southern Norway have long awaited rain. Reducing wildfire risk is also important, Valvet says, with many parts of the country still under a yellow warning for wildfire risk.
Over the next few days, several localized afternoon showers are possible across the South, but these will likely not last long enough to reduce wildfire risk, according to the state meteorologist.
In Trøndelag, the weather can be somewhat changeable.
Gray in the west
– Valvet says it will be a gray weekend in western Norway.
In Bergen, it will be below 19 degrees on Wednesday, but it won’t last long. By the end of the week, low pressure will arrive and temperatures will drop to 15 to 17 degrees.
– Western Norway has a high probability of rain throughout next week, says the state meteorologist.
Although good weather has been reported in the north, Valvet asks people to be aware of a few things.
– A strong northeasterly storm is expected on the coast of Tromsø on Saturday and Sunday, extending towards Lofoten. So if you’re going out on a boat you have to be cautious, he says.
There is also a risk of sea fog in coastal areas.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”