When Kai Aud and Marthe take Sofie on a spontaneous trip back to the old house, they are sold. So was the house
The walk often passed by the beautiful home that was for sale a couple of years ago.
Then the plot contained an old schoolhouse in addition to the house, and they weren’t supposed to have that. Now it is on sale again. Without school!
Across a downpour, Odd Adsen and her daughter, Marthe Sophie, stand outside the White House.
– I asked for the sun for you, says Aud in the midst of a gracious embrace.
The life story of a small, close-knit family in Lilleseth began on an ordinary weekend morning in 2017.
Together they sat around the breakfast table in their newly renovated 1980s house on Skotterud in Eidskog.
Actually the third home they have renovated.
As if by chance, her husband, Kai, drops the question that would change a lot.
– What are we all going to do today, don’t you think?
Little did Aud and Marthe Sofie know that there was actually a plan behind the question.
The answer was to go to a famous home that was once again for sale. Just to see!
Now it turns out the buyer just wanted the old school building – and sold it
When they crossed the threshold, it was both of them, and soon after, the house was sold!
Also Read: When Astrid and Jan have to tear down their old sheep pen, they finally get the outdoor space they’ve always dreamed of
Time travel at home
Entering the doors at Lilleseth is like a journey through different eras. Beautiful elements and patterns flow harmoniously into one another, from room to room.
Three back-to-back living rooms, two of them with plush red and green wallpaper.
The third part has a painted panel and a more rustic look.
– We think it’s important to show the full history of a home and not just trace everything back to the year it was built. Scratching even the bottom coat of paint and wallpaper makes no sense to us, says Aud enthusiastically.
– The house has been standing for over 100 years and the full story must be shown. Here was a 1970s country store, so the style is different.
Teenage Marthe Sophie enthusiastically talks about color choices, old knobs, and good times planning the next project with her parents.
With a carpenter father and a stylish mother, with her own interior design shop, the foundations must be in order.
– I like to come up with ideas and often hear, you say.
– But I’m mostly engaged in sketching, then, because drawing is so boring. I’m young, she says, laughing, so I can sneak away from that.
Aud says they like to be together making decisions and implementing ideas.
– It would be a mistake if I only came up with tasks and Kai had to do all the boring things on his own! It’s a little hard to draw eight feet in the air for someone with a fear of heights, but I have to put up with it.
Also Read (+): Slanted Ceiling, Doors, and Windows Made Bedroom Decorating Difficult – Check Out This Budget-Friendly Solution!
Choose the color
– Kay tends to say that “the carpenters here didn’t work on a part-time basis,” Odd says.
“You’re not just demolishing a good job like this,” she continues.
After renovating three homes, they also learned that planning matters. This guarantees that you will be satisfied!
Aud says that with the house’s solid foundation work, no major changes needed to be made.
– But something happened, she says with a satisfied smile.
The first thing they dealt with was Marthe Sophie’s room.
Loud wallpaper in screaming colors has been replaced with soft hues of purple and pink. She mixed the pink shade by herself.
The walls of the earth store were painted with white linen.
“This color felt so right that it became the starting point for the other walls in the house,” says Aud.
The large red patterned wallpaper in the living room was in danger of being removed first.
– For me, red is an aggressive color, she explains. But after cohabiting with him for a while, it became clear that he had to stay. By removing the other red items elsewhere in the house, they were allowed to shine on their own.
Together with the green wallpaper in the adjoining living room, they make a luxurious statement.
– I call our country style luxurious, says Odd. Sort of French/English style.
Also read: Plant your berry bushes: if you remember this, the bushes will grow better
– All rooms have good black features. The contrasts give the room character, she says and shows us, among other things, the stair railings in black and white high-gloss picture frames.
In the green living room hung heavy ocher-yellow curtains found in a tub downstairs. The ravages of time have punched holes in the velvet, so it’s unfortunately hanging on a bit of lost time.
But there is no doubt that the history of the house has made the house well. This is evidenced by the calm and warm atmosphere.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”