– The chance of a rampage is near zero, That’s how I’ve seen him in the past few weeks and at trial. They should run “yikes” Quick if he’s going to one live, states Henrik Ingebrigtsen.
For Jacob Ingbrigtsen Easily made it to the final at 5000mand the older brother, who joins Eugene as the star’s closest supporter, thinks he’ll look better on Monday night Norwegian time.
But in the extensive hunt for WC gold, there is also a risk, says Henrik Ingebrigtsen
– He will do everything in his power to take it He went. This is where he can burn himself. If he gets bronze, he will likely take bronze. If he gets silver, he takes silver. But you have to risk everything to take it He went. I think Jacob is ready to do that.
Only the best is good enough
Jakob Ingebrigtsen gave a short answer when asked by NRK about his final chances after trying:
– I have to do what I can, and if it’s anything but the best, it’s not good enough.
Before the start of the World Cup, Golden Hope said he already feels Better than 5000m than 1500mbecause there is less chance. Henrik Ingebrigtsen fears no one in a very powerful final field.
– It’s going to be insanely exciting and I wonder what kind of tactics they’ll have to take with Jacob, because there (at 5,000m) he’ll just have to respond to what they’re doing, he points out.
NRK commentator Jann Post also doesn’t think the Norwegian will be far off.
– The only opportunity for others is to cooperate and drive aggressively from the start, not to take a break along the way, as is often the case. Then they can take advantage of the fact that he’s had a long championship, Post believes.
– But no one thinks that will happen, he adds.
The 21-year-old already has four races under his belt, but according to his older brother, that’s not where the challenge might lie.
– The worst thing about running as many races as Jacob does is every time you go through the pace of trials, semi-finals and finals. Every time you start to warm up, it’s mental stress. But that’s the situation in the tournament, and it’s the same for everyone.
– Really Anyone have better physical requirements?
– hard to say. But I know Jacob is decent, and I can’t say that about the others, answers Henrik Ingbrigzen with a smile.
The post also comes with a tip.
– He’s one of those who can finish the fastest on the last lap, and it often comes down to having the most power in that time. Two guys are more experienced at long distances than Jacob, so it’s important to position yourself properly and not go too early.
This is exactly what happened in Doha three years ago. Then Ingebrigtsen finished one round to go and finished fifth.
– I think he learned Lots of it and that he knows exactly what to do now. Joshua Cheptegei or Selemon Barega might be stronger, but just then in this case. I think this will be one of the most exciting races with a Norwegian runner participating in this water cycle, with a very intense final run, as Jan Post expects.
- Watch the last 5,000m of the restroom on the night of NRK1 through Monday at 03.05
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”