There is nothing like a black steel door in the anonymous backyard, here, under the floor, is the best club in Kiev.
Going down the stairs, TV2 goes straight to the party, which is about to take off completely.
On stage, bands pump here with the cheers of club guests from the 80s and 90s. Barman Dictation. At the end of the sweat and dance, we meet Denise Karzo, who radiologically recognizes the TV2 logo on our microphone.
Denise was recently in Harangervidda and Geilo KiteIt is a kind of parachute snowboard.
– People need to be disconnected, otherwise the excitement will be unbearable, Denise answers questions about why she’s out of town tonight.
He is more interested in talking about the soon-to-be-organized music festival in Norway and on the Black Sea coast of Odessa, rather than the danger of a major political and Russian invasion.
– My friends and I are going to the club here to recharge.
A bar within a bar
The wall room is reminiscent of an underground station in London, and opposed both bombings during World War II and various attempts by the government and the police to stop the parties.
Then a remote-controlled steel door opens and reveals another room, with a bar inside the bar.
– Hello, a woman says how are you and sends the smoke straight to the photographer Paul Lens, then he poses emotionally in front of the camera.
Because here on the ground, Tadzana is ruled by “Tata” Kepler, and neither the smoking law nor the Govt restrictions make it a barrier to dinner tonight.
– Look here, Tata says, give us a lead ash. These were made from grenades used from the front line east of the country. We buy them in support of our players.
The bar manager thinks the club in Gayle serves as a refuge in a double sense. Where one is safe from bombs, but can also seek refuge from the extreme pressures that the Ukrainians now live in.
– We try to forget the world there, but we can not.
Fear of war in Kiev will recede
Fear of invasion
In recent days, hundreds of Russian-backed separatists have carried out attacks in eastern Ukraine. The levels of the Ukrainian army are structural, but there are civilian buildings such as schools and kindergartens in the entire front line.
Many of the staff at the club left the separatist-controlled area of Donbass on their own. Partner Nikita Masulov is actually from Lukansk, which was seized by separatists in 2014, and fears that Putin will attack again.
– Many of us do not think this will happen in 2014, but look what happened. We can expect anything, he thinks.
As midnight approached, President Joe Biden sat on the podium at the White House in the United States. Biden says Russia is determined to occupy Ukraine. This time, he’s going further than before, and there are all indications that Putin will attack the capital, Kiev.
At the same time as Biden speaks, the atmosphere on the nightclub TV2 reaches new heights.
Roasting, barking, flirting and dancing as if there was no danger. As if Russian forces were not marching on the border.
Svitlana Mazina really wanted to stay home, but she says she was pressured, attracted and kicked out of a group of friends, he said. Many friends abroad asked her to leave the country and live there, but so far Svitlana had not accepted the offer.
– Are you not afraid to stay in Kiev?
– Svitlana says it’s better to be outside than to sit alone at home for fear of the war to come.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
The royal family replaced Princess Ingrid Alexandra’s Russian greeting
A record number of young people do, like Oda and Kristiane – NRK Nordland