United arrived in Munich, and on Tuesday evening, Erik ten Hag and Andre Onana held a press conference ahead of Wednesday’s big game.
Naturally, Ten Hag was asked about his injury status, with the list of injuries continuing to grow.
– It is of course a concern. That’s why we’ve added more depth to the team. He replies that the team can handle it.
Last Tuesday, system man Harry Maguire was on the injured list.
– He was suffering from some problems and we will see how bad it gets. He completed the training, but was unable to travel, says Ten Hag.
-One thing is true
After last season, United.no made the case that Ten Hag was unable to use his favorite eleven players at once during his first season at United.
At the press conference, Ten Hag also pointed this out.
– One thing is true: since the beginning of last season, I don’t think I have used the best starting eleven in my opinion. There were always injuries.
-We have always achieved results outside the period we are living in now. I’ve experienced this in the past and dealt with it. You have to deal with it. I like these situations, because you have to deal with them and know what to do, and that is focusing on the process.
Ten Hag doesn’t want to spend too much energy on injuries in the team, he wants to focus on what he and the team can do to achieve results.
-Doctors treat problems. Firstly, there are always injuries in top-flight football, because we live on the edge. Of course, we analyze why things happen, but we also have to deal with what is happening.
-We have to get the best out of this (situation). We must take the next steps and integrate Rasmus Hoglund and Sergio Reguilon.
-We are satisfied with Rasmus
When it comes to Højlund, Ten Hag was also asked (of course) about the Dane’s signing this summer of Harry Kane, who will be in the other half of the pitch on Wednesday.
-We discussed it in San Diego. I don’t think we need to repeat that.
-We are satisfied with Rasmus. He was injured of course in the first few games, then played against Arsenal and Brighton. He is a great talent and will contribute to our game. We are sure of it.
However, Ten Hag is looking forward to meeting Kane and the other Bayern players.
-They have some very attractive and talented players. You can’t be unfocused for a second. They have a lot of individual class.
-But they also give you space. We know Bayern, especially in the Champions League, they are very strong at home. But we look forward to it as we love the challenge.
As you know, United have had a difficult start to the season, but Ten Hag does not feel that United now need to keep a clean sheet.
-We don’t feel like we need to reset. We are in a process. In parts of the matches we played very well, but we were also below our level.
– What we must ask is to be consistent, so we must advance for an additional 90 minutes.
About the Hoglund/Rashford collaboration
At least two who should perform in front of goal are Marcus Rashford and Rasmus Hoglund, who Ten Hag believes can form a fearsome duo.
The Dutchman also believes Rashford is able to adapt to get the best out of his fellow striker.
– Absolutely. How can the two benefit from each other? They need to know each other, and this process has only just begun. At the same time, you need results, so it has to go hand in hand.
– We meditate after the match and during training. We’ve seen Rasmus and Rashi together, and we’ve seen how they can benefit. Discussions between them on the field are still ongoing. The connection is already there.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”