Many were excited about whether the serious knee injury Virgil van Dijk (30) suffered a year ago would change him as a player. At the moment, there is no indication of that.
– It’s been a year, but I’m glad I’m where I am today. “I am playing at the highest level again with great joy,” Virgil van Dijk said at a press conference before Tuesday’s big Champions League game against Atlético Madrid.
This was about a year ago He had a terrible tackle from Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford during the Merseyside derby. The giant smoked the ACL stopper, had to put it under the knife and lost both the 2020/21 season to Liverpool and the European Championship with Holland.
There is a lot that could be improved, for me personally too, but the only thing I can do is take it day in and day out. I’m not a robot, and she’s back from a serious knee injury, says the Liverpool star.
But Van Dijk, considered by many to be the best midfielder in the world, is more or less back in full force and was once again the captain of the Liverpool team that kept up with fantastic football in the 2021/22 season. Liverpool are second in the Premier League and still have the advantage of losing this season.
In addition, he was strong for the Netherlands, who are vying with Norway for the first place in the World Cup qualifiers. During the previous national team encounter, he also signed for the scoring list against Gibraltar.
– I know there’s an emphasis on me, maybe more than before, but that’s not something I think about. I’m my biggest critic and I know exactly when I can do something better, even when things are going well, but as I see it, I just want to get better and be as good as I can be. Van Dyck says: “I have a lot of faith in the way I see things.”
Recently, Rio Ferdinand paid tribute to the 30-year-old Manchester United legend, who called Van Dijk “invaluable” – regardless of the level of performance.
– He’s a huge player. Forget his achievements. He can play up to 6.5 or 7 out of 10 on the exchange, but what he gives other players makes him invaluable. You see the confidence he instills in the team when he plays. Ferdinand says players seem more stable when he’s not there YouTube channel.
– I don’t think much about what people say. I play for the fans, the club and my country, and what I can do is play games and get back to normal. Things have gone in the right direction so far and I feel good, says Van Dijk.
VGs Tips: Atletico Madrid – Liverpool
* this summit Taken from Group B. In the Champions League Atlético de Madrid scored four points, while Liverpool have the total stake in their two matches.
* at home against Milan got the English from 1-2 to win 3-2, and Porto lost the last 5-1 in northern Portugal. In the English Premier League, Anfield scored 5-3-0 and second place. On Saturday, Watford lost by a full 5-0.
* Spaniards hold Fourth place in the Spanish League. They consistently do well, but perhaps without winning many new fans with their game itself. Smoke 0-1 away to Alaves three weeks ago, but fought back with CL victories over AC Milan (2-1) and Barcelona (2-0) soon after. It also benefits from the postponement of the Granada match this weekend.
*In this match, there are fast margins that can be decisive, and we have trouble deciding the winner. So we play a tie at 3.15 at odds. The scorers’ matches over Mohamed Salah (2.50) and Luis Suarez (2.85) provoke more singles matches. Play stops at 20.59 and TV2 Sport Premium broadcasts the match.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”