We must defend what we have achieved this season.
In an interview with BT Sport, Erling Braut Haaland is poised to score new goals after an adventurous season.
After 53 matches in all competitions, the score was 52 goals and third.
– I should have scored more. I’ve had many opportunities, he tells CBS.
– In two months, everything will be forgotten. Then we have to attack again, says Haaland.
Haaland became the top scorer of the Manchester City team that won the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League this season.
– When this feeling settles down in a couple of days, I think I’ll do it again. I know myself so well I want to think that way, says Haaland with soccer stars Rio Ferdinand, Mario Balotelli, Cesc Fabregas and Joleon Lescott around him in the BT Sport studio.
Guardiola: – Please
Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola was not ready to move on after the victory at Istanbul’s Ataturk Olympic Stadium.
– Don’t ask me about next season please, says Guardiola in the post-match press conference.
– The chairman of the board told me that next season’s Champions League final is in London. I will not say what I answered. I’m looking forward to putting three awards on the bus on Monday. It’s going to be pretty cool,” says Guardiola, referring to Monday’s open-top bus parade through the streets of Manchester.
Haaland is happy to have Guardiola as his boss.
– We have a good relationship, and he helped me a lot, and I look forward to developing more next season. I think I can evolve, because I’m only 22 years old and so many years left. Haaland says I’m in a good place when I’m coached by the best players in the world.
– written in the stars
It was a tough game against Inter, Haaland believes, but he could have scored if coincidences had played out differently.
“On a good day I could have scored two goals, but now I don’t care,” Haaland tells BT Sport.
Saturday’s victory was City’s first ever in the Champions League.
The internet is very good. In the first half I asked the players to be patient. You gotta be lucky This tournament may be a coin toss, but it’s written in the stars. Guardiola said: The title is ours.
The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach believes the City side were not at their best in the final.
– After the restroom, the team took a step forward, and we were right where we should be. Today we were not at our best level. We struggled to find rooms at first. We took the lead with a great goal, but in the end they were better than us and we suffered. He said: We have an amazing goalkeeper who made the decisive saves.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”