On Saturday, it was time for the large-scale premiere of “Skal vi danse”, in which twelve participants lit up on the parquet at the television studio in Fornebu.
For the first time, viewers and audiences saw two men dancing together, Joachim Klevin (28 years old) and Benjamin Jayakudi (27 years old). Blew all the others off the dance floor With a wonderful tango.
The entire hall soared in time with Judge Morten Hegseth (35), who went with ten points on the points distribution, thus helping send the dancing duo to the top among the participants.
Celebrate with tequila
No Blue Monday for Kelvin, who starts the day at home in Grünerløkka with breakfast and a “Real Housewives” show. Then it was Sunday and back to the dance center heavier.
– I was very drunk the day after the first show. We celebrated our tequila shots, which may have been a little silly. But we had to party, we were a small group of participants and professional dancers. I came home at five and made the sausage because I was so hungry, a laughing Cleven tells Dagbladet on the phone.
From a bloody tango to a hilarious carrion – it’s not just the adaptation of a new Saturday broadcast. Heavy, elegant steps are replaced by light, quick steps.
If someone thought it was strange for two men to dance together, it turns out that it is not. Next time it’s no longer about us being two men, now we’ll just dance. There’s going to be a lot of variance from the premiere, and now it’s going to be fun and good, he says.
Comments from the premiere were endless, and comment fields on social media are overflowing with praise for the dancing duo. On his own Instagram account, host Marte Bratberg (32), Triana Iglesias (39), TV presenter Amalie Snøløs (25) and artist Ulrikke Brandstorp (26) have joined the cheerleading gang.
Cleven reveals tears of joy after the scraps are settled.
– When I got home after the first show, I probably lay for an hour and a half and watched everything I was tagged in, and cried. I got shots of my friends crying tears, and then I started laughing too. When you see those you love being touched on your behalf, you really feel the endless love. I’ve never been close to any sport before, but it felt like a sporting event. I’ve never done anything like this!
beware of production
The family was also seated in the hall, and if that were possible, mother Cleven was more nervous than Cleven himself, he thought.
– My mother was very nervous, she always said “Get out of my head”, but I can’t, and then she explodes. I think it was a relief to them too, as everything went well.
The 28-year-old can’t praise his dance partner enough in drag, and says he feels incredibly lucky to have Jayakoddy’s second half on the dance floor.
– We had a wonderful evening together, he was also happy. We were simply thrilled. I am very proud of who he is, what he achieved in choreography – he is a genius. I couldn’t have asked for a better dance partner, I’m fine with it. The production warned me that you’d get on each other’s nerves and argue, but that hasn’t happened yet, Cleven says and laughs.
Before the premiere, it was at number six on the betting lists. After the premiere, he climbed to first place – in front of TV 2 announcer Simon Nitsche (29) and best friend Anniken Jørgensen (25).
– It’s very fun and entertaining. But that is sure to change. It’s really fun for people to trust me, but I shouldn’t be thinking about those exact betting lists.
He also tries to stay away from comment fields, but the few he saw were only positive.
– It’s good for people to cheer, that’s what I should focus on. The wonderful family and beautiful friends of mine, all in production in front of and behind the camera. Nothing will bother me!
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”