When emergency services arrived at the scene, the fire in the coffee maker was extinguished.
The driver should have extinguished the fire with a powder extinguisher.
The bus was engulfed in smoke during the fire, and several passengers suffered smoke inhalation before being evacuated from the bus.
– It’s okay to go out, says 110 West’s duty commander Helge Lund about the conditions on the bus.
Emergency services were notified of the fire shortly before 09:00.
About 30 people were on the tour bus when the coffee maker caught fire.
A case has been made
– Now the bus should stay away from the city, where there is free movement, says Tor Evensen at Vegtrafiksentralen.
As the bus stopped for a long time on E39, traffic was diverted to that location.
– Police have opened a case, says Knut Dahl Michelson, operations manager of the Western Police District.
Damage to the bus should be limited to the area around the coffee machine.
– Now we have reasonably good control over the fire incident, and now it leads people to health inspections, which is important, says Lund.
– It went as far as it could go
Kjell Aske, fire and emergency manager at Gloppen, says of the incident.
He points out how important it is that people are invited to such events.
– It shows the importance of having a fire extinguisher and that you know how to handle it, he says.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”