The number of wounded and dead increased throughout the evening after the Hamas attack on Israel on Saturday.
It is possible that at least 200 were killed and more than 1,100 wounded in Israel, according to official sources. Local media reported this.
The Palestinian authorities say that 232 Palestinians were martyred and 1,697 others were injured in Israeli air strikes.
Outside the hospital in Petah Tikva, a suburb of the capital Tel Aviv in Israel, Esther Borochov sits and rests. She is tired and her body aches after a hard day.
She was at a party in Kibbutzim Be’eri and Raim, who were allegedly attacked by Hamas fighters. There she had to sit still for several hours and wait for the Israeli defense.
– I have something in my back after all the pressure, because I sat for two and a half hours on a hill without moving. My legs were crossed, so it was difficult for me to stand and walk,” Borochov told Reuters.
Hamas claims to have taken several hostages in Kibbutz Be’eri The Times of Israel.
Borochov says she and a friend were eventually arrested by the Israel Defense Forces and taken to safety.
– She left and was immediately taken by car. “I left from the other side, and the soldiers took us to the buses,” Borochov says.
Can’t find family
Ariel Cohen is also at the hospital. She is searching for family members she has not been in contact with since the attacks.
She desperately asks people to keep an eye on the family.
– I have family who were at the party in Be’eri and Re’im. If anyone finds them, their names are Sean Guetta and Raz Cohen. She told Reuters reporters at the hospital that they were with five others.
– Please take care of them. They have no food or water. We’re trying to catch them. Whatever the method, any type of communication, whatever, please let us know, says Ariel Cohen.
High level of readiness in hospitals
The head of Israel’s emergency health service, Magen David Adom (MDA), told Reuters that they were ready to treat dozens of patients.
Since the morning hours, Magen David Adom has been ready to treat dozens of patients, most of them injured by gunshot wounds in the areas surrounding Gaza and southern Israel, says Eli Ben.
– We are still subjected to missile and terrorist attacks in city centers. In the cities that are still under attack, there are many wounded.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”