On Sunday, the live-action concept “Jaget” premieres on TVNorge, in which four celebrity couples escape from a team of detectives, in true “cops and thief” style.
Among the participants we found only Princess Märtha Louise (52). The princess makes her first appearance in the real world – with her partner Tinashe Williamson (38 years old)
– The criteria for me to participate was that I was able to collaborate with Tinashe, and I think the collaboration went really well. “We had a great time on the trip,” she told Dagbladet during the first concert on Wednesday.
Although the 52-year-old is part of the royal family, Caroline Vagel, a royal house expert at Se og Hør, believes Princess Märtha Louise is somewhat free to do what she wants. Like participating in a reality show.
Princess Märtha Louise no longer has any official role in the royal family, and she is free to do whatever she wants.
Vagle points out that the princess’s entire family took part in the TV 2 documentary “Märtha”, where they let us into their daily lives.
-It obviously added flavour.
It’s not just the princess from the royal family who has been seen on screen lately.
– Since then, Lea has participated in “Powerwomen Norway” and Maud in “Maskorama”. The royal house expert explains that the latter will now participate in the “cooking school.”
The TV 2 program “Kokkeskolen med Truls og Hellstrøm” premiered on Tuesday. One of the twelve participating celebrities is Princess Märtha Louise’s eldest daughter, Maud Angelika Behn (20).
Soon, Princess Leia’s daughter Isadora Behn (18 years old) will also appear on the screen. The 18-year-old appears in the new show “Kjindis AS”.
Thus, the youngest of the group is Emma Tallulah Behen (14), who will not be appearing on TV this fall.
– Criticize the press
Royal Household expert Vagle does not see the involvement of Princess Märtha Louise or her family as a problem.
-I think a lot of people think it’s fun to get to know the princess’s family in a different way, and are happy because they’re not so traditional. While others may think that this harms the royal house, even though the princess no longer represents it, she says and adds:
– Personally, I think she is free to do what she wants, and if there is a truth – do it!
Dagbladet has been in contact with Karina Schelle Carlsen, Princess Märtha Louise’s manager, who said the princess did not want to comment on the matter.
Vagle also believes people are able to differentiate between what the princess represents and what the Crown Prince and the royal couple do.
– So the only thing I wonder about is the irony that she has been so critical of the press for so long, and at the same time seeks attention in this way. I think you also have to tolerate critical questions.
For his part, historian Trond Noren disagrees with the opinion that there is no problem for members of the royal family to participate in reality shows.
– What’s even more problematic is that Martha Louise does this, because she’s a princess. Noreen told Dagbladet that the fact that she is in a reality show is an example of a misunderstanding of roles.
He adds that girls are more free because they do not hold royal titles, but what they do still reflects on the royal family of those they associate with.
– The participation of royals, especially the princess, in reality shows drags the royal family into a reality sphere where they should never be unless the royal family wants to be seen as a reality show or part of the entertainment industry.
At the same time, Noreen believes it is difficult for less central members of the royal family to seek attention in this way, as it could overshadow the work of the Crown Prince and the royal couple.
– For example, Martha Louise’s participation in this program was announced (Gaggit, editor’s note) on the same day that the royal couple began an official visit to Denmark, with the result that the media was more interested in Martha Louise’s last party than in the couple’s trip Official royals, and among the ‘kidsa’, there are probably more people who know who Leah Behn is than who know who Princess Ingrid Alexandra is.
He explains that when the king, Princess Astrid (91), and Princess Ragnhild married, there was a lot of talk that they would become an intermediary class between the royal family and everyone else.
– This did not happen because the Lorentzen, Werner and Haraldsen families were always very secretive and never sought attention, but there is a danger that it will happen now when Martha Louise and her daughters, on the other hand, are seriously seeking attention, believes Norine.
Make a fuss
Back in 2021, many Norwegians probably also rolled their eyes when the princess’s fiancé, Doric Verret (48), appeared in the Netflix series “Bling Empire.”
In the American reality series, you can get an insight into the lives of an exclusive group of wealthy Asian Americans in Los Angeles. Verret himself was in the fifth episode of the series, where he was invited to the beach to help contestant Kelly Mi Li with love.
Kine Falch, who works for Dagbladet and Se og Hør’s “Rød Løper”, takes part in the TV show “Jaget”. Flash was not involved in the editorial reviews for the series. Editors perform independent editorial evaluations.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”