Sky News It was announced on Thursday evening that Britain and the United States are expected to attack the Houthi militia in Yemen.
Shortly after midnight, Norwegian time, several explosions were reported in Yemen.
Several US officials are said to have confirmed that they were attacked in Yemen, Reuters reported.
This was also confirmed by officials in the Houthi militia Nehesetpera.
Three explosions were heard in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa. An official from the Houthi militia confirmed to Sky News that an attack must have also been carried out on the coastal city of Hodeidah.
According to the Arab News channel Al ArabiyaOfficials in the Houthi militia responded on Thursday evening that they would respond if the United States and Britain launched an attack.
One of the officials said: We want to burn American warships and bases.
Since the end of November last year, several ships in the Red Sea have been attacked by the Houthi rebel group, which is backed by Iran.
Several ships registered in Norway were affected.
The reason behind the attacks is to show support for Gaza. The group itself claims that the attacks target ships it believes are linked to Israel.
On Tuesday, a British warship shot down seven drones allegedly shot down by Houthi fighters in the Red Sea. The United States and Great Britain will then have avoided the largest drone and missile attack carried out by the Houthis to date.
Last night, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution calling on the Houthi rebels in Yemen to immediately stop their attacks on ships in the Red Sea.
On Thursday, the Houthi group fired a missile at international shipping lanes in the Gulf of Aden. No damage was recorded.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”