Anders Fægri lives in Hellerudtoppen in Oslo. Even though he got winter tires last week, he couldn’t get the car up the hill.
– I tried to get up, but I was spinning. So I parked at the foot of the hill, so you can walk all day.
He says he saw many cars without winter tires rolling on flat ground.
– This is very stupid. I was really screwed last week.
Reports on more than 100 traffic accidents
There may be more people leaving the car on Monday morning.
In the morning hours, emergency services and tow trucks are working hard to help motorists who have run off the road in eastern Norway.
More than 149 reports have been received in East Police District, South East Police District and Oslo, Oskar and Baram. About traffic accidents, traffic accidents or cars skidding on the road.
– We are There was a lot to do early and early today, says operations manager Germond Stokely.
Stokely says a good number of incidents are due to the use of summer tires and difficult driving conditions.
– We’ve been told some cars are running on summer tires, which is something we’re not entirely keen on right now, says Groth.
The order in which winter tires should be fitted
At the Vianor tire center in Larvik, the phone is not idle. People line up to get winter tires.
– It comes as a surprise every year. “I have 24 tire seasons behind me and every year it’s been the same,” says Roar Sandvik, department manager at Vianor Larvik.
Many people call today and are a little pessimistic, he says.
– We also help drop-in customers, of which there are many. We continue it throughout the evening.
Snow causes traffic jams
Oslo also has traffic challenges due to the foggy weather.
In Oslo and Viken, many buses are delayed and canceled as a result of slippery roads and difficult driving conditions.
A clear appeal to motorists for winter tires
Earlier today, two drivers in Asker lost their stickers for driving with summer tyres. Both cars ended up in the barrier.
The Road Traffic Center offers a clarion call:
– If you don’t have winter tires, you don’t have to do anything on the road today, says Christopha Kee-Nilsen, traffic operator at the Road Traffic Center of the East.
Chief Reinhardtsen on Southeast 110 shares a call with the Traffic Center and police.
– From experience, there are always people who try their hand at summer tires and create an unnecessary danger to others.
He says the fire service today is fully staffed and ready to help the unfortunate motorists. They have gone out on several missions in the mornings.
Bruck Asafa at Porsgrunn actually had other plans, but had to postpone the honor of switching from summer tires to winter tires.
– Winter came suddenly, he says.
Snow continues throughout the day
Snow settled in many places in eastern Norway, Vigen and southern Norway last night. Snow will also continue throughout the day. It informs Meteorologist Ingrid Bentsen on duty.
– It will probably continue with rain all day today, and Bentsen says most of it will come as snow because it’s so cold.
Vestfold and Telemark and eastern Norway receive the most rain, he says. Up to 15 cm of snow is expected here.
– It won’t be dry until Tuesday, but there will be no change in temperature, so the snow will continue.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”