November 29, 2022

ModularPhonesForum

Complete News World

The townspeople were warned that the area was unsafe.  Then the storm came.

The townspeople were warned that the area was unsafe. Then the storm came.

The death toll continues to rise after the catastrophic storm that hit Petropolis, Brazil. This storm is the latest in a series of powerful storms to hit Brazil.

Relief crews are working on high alert to find the missing people after the violent storm in Petropolis.

The storm turned the streets of Petropolis into violent rivers. The violent flood washed away trees, cars and buses. Heavy rain caused a number of powerful landslides in the city.

It’s been nearly a week since the storm hit Petropolis, located a little north of Rio de Janeiro’s millionth. Relief crews are still searching for the missing.

On Sunday, authorities confirmed that at least 171 people had been killed. Among them are 28 children, according to local authorities. Writes more than 120 people are still missing BBC.

Authorities say no more survivors are likely to be found.

Morro da Officina is one of the worst affected areas after the storm that hit Petropolis last week.

1200 they drive long term

Petropolis was not alone in being hit hard. On Sunday, heavy rain fell in the southeastern state of Espirito Santo. The storm killed at least two people, according to local state officials. A person was crushed by a wall collapse. Another person hit the flood with rain.

The storms forced more than 1,200 people to flee.

These are the latest in a string of deadly storms to hit Brazil. Many experts wrote that storms are getting stronger because of climate change France 24.

See also  Larger drying room

The United Nations’ World Meteorological Organization, which monitors meteorology and hydrology, has published several before and after photos of Petropolis.

This type of extreme weather would be most natural around the world, according to the green environmental organization Greenpeace.

– state of war

In Petropolis, which in the 19th century was the summer capital of the Brazilian Empire, about 400 people lost their homes. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro described the area on Friday as a war zone. The governor of the region, Claudio Castro, came up with similar descriptions.

– It’s almost a war situation. “We mustered everything we had,” Castro said.

So far, authorities have removed more than 300 cars from city streets, sidewalks and rivers. The authorities are now using significant resources to clean up the city’s streets.

– We need to clean the streets, so that we can work faster to restore the city, says Mayor Rubens Bombombo.

Buses and cars could not stand the massive floods that hit Petropolis.

Beware of the unsafe area

Among the worst affected areas in the city is the Alto da Serra region. The landslide destroyed a number of homes. The flood that followed destroyed more. Last week’s rainfall was the heaviest recorded in Petropolis since 1932.

Many residents warned that the area was not safe in the event of heavy rains.

– We warned about this a long time ago, but no one believed in us or did anything, says Kaua Dantas Al Jazeera.

In January 2011, more than 900 people died after several landslides and floods. Subsequently, the authorities made plans to prevent similar incidents, but work was slow due to lack of funding and mismanagement.

See also  Corona, Teltec | Crisis management with new recommendations: - Keep a distance between you and the bandage