“I literally swallowed my last fever caramel”.
Also known as the writing influence and psychologist Johan Refseth @psykolog.med.sleeping bagIn a post on Instagram.
“This time Vixen didn’t think about it”Now wait.
Vixen Awards is a selection of Norway’s best influencers and social media profiles in 17 different categories.
The nominations are now ready and the jury held its first meeting this week.
But Refseth is harshly critical.
He hopes the Vixen Awards will connect participants with an intermediary system to communicate with advertisers.
– Can make many people insecure
Part of the recommendation is that different types of influencers and influencers recommend themselves – and others.
Now the applicants are sent an email from Vixen asking them to register their account details.
Not on Vixen, but on Inszpire.me.
Inzpire.me is a marketplace that makes it easy to interact with brands and carry out paid collaborations.
Johann Refseth finds this connection objectionable.
Refseth, who has 78,000 followers on Instagram and has also published books, believes many may feel the pressure when Vixen associates such a business veteran with the opportunity to compete for the Vixen Award.
– The problem is that the question about registering on Inzpire.me comes in the same email where you find out that you have been nominated for a Vixen Award. One wonders if you have to do it, or are you penalized in some way if you don’t.
She is particularly concerned about teenagers receiving emails from Vixen and feeling pressured to sign up.
– There is pressure and uncertainty over how voluntary it really is. And young people don’t want to know the consequences of registering.
Records information about influencers
Today, 20,000 profiles are registered on the site so that they can be easily discovered by relevant brands connecting influencers with advertisers.
On Inzpire.me, influencers record how many followers they have. Where do they live, how old are they and so on.
Brand makers can find and engage with influencers that perform well.
The business was launched seven years ago and was bought by Shipstead this summer.
Pia Dryland launched the Vixen Awards in 2011. He is still behind the award, which has gradually become a major event for actors.
For Dryland, it is important to establish that Vixen has no connection with Inzpire.me.
He says he only thought about procedures when selecting the jury to collect data on participants.
The idea was that having accurate measurements would make the jury’s job easier.
– Inzpire.me’s platform provides accurate data and a good overview of other engagement and demographics, making it easy for the jury to find some facts. Among other things, they can get indications of whether certain profiles have bought followers, Dryland says.
– Very unfortunate
He says it didn’t occur to him that advertisers could contact nominees who register.
– If people are forced to register, it’s very unfortunate, we don’t get enough clarity.
He says they don’t have many reactions.
– We got an email from someone who thought nothing of it, but we didn’t get any other negative feedback.
Dryland emphasizes that there is an age limit of 18 to join Inszpire.me. In closing to NRK, he says that registration there is voluntary and everyone will now receive a new email:
– We send a new email to everyone who received the first email Again Makes it clear that registration is voluntary.
Johan Refseth says he understands that having statistics and information about nominees to a jury can be useful — but he still thinks it’s unfortunate how it was done here.
– They can ask to get that information or get it from a non-commercial player in the same way.
Mats Lyngstad at Inzpire.me refers to his post on Instagram under Johanne Refseth’s post.
Among other things, he commented as follows:
“Our mission is to create a better industry where influencers with good values and advertisers with good values succeed”. Delete your profile and your personal data on inzpire.me»
Check out the full comment here:
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”