– People get suspicious when you go outside the norm.
Wenche Vig from Geren did just that. The 25-year-old chose to leave her regular job as a nurse and face an unexpected future.
As a newly qualified nurse, Wiik actually gained experience as a nurse. When the epidemic was at its worst, the 25-year-old started her first permanent job in the epidemic reception at a hospital in Stavanger.
– I knew what I was going to do, but it was very hectic, Wiik tells Talkbladet.
NRK Trams and Finnmark First mentioned the subject.
He made a tough choice
Last year, the 25-year-old quit her permanent job in favor of daily life in Stockholm with her partner. Little did she know that a perfect working life was just a few keystrokes away.
Wiik tried her hand at an office job, but soon discovered it wasn’t something she enjoyed.
– I sat down and googled “temp agency” and clicked on the first one that came up. And then I figured it out, she says.
The 25-year-old contacted an employment agency Work in Norway and started working as a traveling nurse.
Now, the day job consists of assignments across the country. That means there will be a lot of travel for the 25-year-old from Gleb.
– I love to travel and am a very restless soul. The job is perfect for me, she says.
Eleven months salary
When Dagbladet spoke to the 25-year-old, she was sitting at the airport on her way to Havøysund, a small place more than four hours from Alta. Here he will work in rotation until October.
Wiik hopes that by telling her story, more people can open their eyes to all the opportunities that exist for both newly qualified and experienced staff in the healthcare setting.
However, she knows that work as a travel nurse is not for everyone.
– The workload is huge. It can be very confusing, but I enjoy it. He says it’s great when you’re ready for it to be hectic.
Being constantly new to the workplace can also affect your strengths.
– It requires a lot from you as a person. You always want to meet new people. Luckily, I’m social and like to get to know people, so it’s not a big problem for me.
Wiik also doesn’t hide that she earns well as a travel nurse.
– I chose to do it for all experiences. The salary is definitely a bonus, and he claims to have brought in NOK 97,000 in one month.
– Is it appropriate for you to return to permanent employment?
– I understand that I will have to do it eventually when I get more commitments. But I believe there will be some changes, she concludes.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”