Norwegian football experts have no doubt: Oscar Popp (20 years old) should be in the Norwegian national team squad that will be presented on Tuesday.
– If you are close to the starting lineup of the best team in the world, then you are part of the Norway national team. Simple mathematics.
That’s the verdict of Morten Langley, TV 2’s national team expert. He saw what he needed to see from Oscar Pope. It is now crystal clear that the 20-year-old should join Ståle Solbakken, who will be presented on Tuesday.
Pal Andre Helland got the same answer on this account. Viaplay’s football expert has no doubts either.
-He has played in all the recent matches and also started something in the best football team in the world. That should be a good enough answer if you ask me. There is no one else, apart from Erling and Martin, who comes close to competing at the same level, Helland tells VG.
The former RBK and LSK player has seen most of Pope’s action this season.
– Not only is he a participant, but he is in control of the minutes he plays. “It’s a no-brainer for me,” says Helland, who himself has won six caps for Norway in his time.
– Are we there that he should approach the starting place for Norway?
– Yes, not far from that, says Hyland.
VG National Team commentator Knut Espen Svegaarden completely agrees.
– Oscar Pope must be included this time, because he has proven in two or three matches at the highest level that he has the internal level. In addition, he has what the team lacks offensively: great speed, says Svea.
Manchester City lost the weekend match to Wolverhampton. Then Bob came to rest. After the match he took questions from Viaplay about selecting the next national team.
– I didn’t think about that. We will see what happens.
-Will that be fun?
– Yes, of course.
Pep Guardiola praised his Norwegian protégé recently. The change during the last break was explained as follows:
-I wanted more dynamics. Oscar is very good in tight spaces, with his creativity. It wasn’t that Nunes played poorly. But I thought Oscar could offer us something different.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”