– The person was pronounced dead at the scene

– The person was pronounced dead at the scene

Drowning accident at Etne on Friday evening.

Posted by: Posted by:

Police were notified on Friday evening of a lifeless person in Agrafjorden.

Emergency services and the SAR Queen Rescue helicopter rushed to the scene and the extent of the damage was initially unknown.

Two hours after the first report, the Sørvest Police District declared one person dead at the scene.

Police are investigating the scene of the incident, but there should not be any suspicion of foul play in connection with the accident.

Sent by divers

The incident was reported at 9:41 p.m.

– Johan Manseker, rescue manager at the Norwegian Central Rescue Service, told BT shortly afterwards that a possible drowning had been reported.

The operation center in the Sørvest police district reported that a drowned person had been found.

According to 110 Central, resources from Etne and Haugesund and divers from Stavanger went to the scene.

Emergency services on site.

Police said the man was brought ashore at 22.24 and life-saving first aid was being administered at the scene.

Taken by boat

According to Mansekar at the main rescue centre, there were boats in the area that picked up the man, who must have been far from the shore. One of the boats was said to have paramedics on board.

– Emergency services on site take care of the person. The situation is unclear, Mansekar told BT at around 10.30pm.

At around 10.40 pm, the police received information that the helicopter had landed at the spot.

See also  Several employees were questioned by police

An hour later, police pronounced the man dead at the scene. At the same time, they inform the Sørvest Police District that they are in the process of informing relatives.

Posted by:

Joshi Akinjide

Joshi Akinjide

"Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *