The wage settlement in Sorting has not generated so much controversy: the Labor Party wants to cut wages, the Socialist People’s Party and the Red Party want to reduce it, while the Conservatives, the Greens and the Socialist People’s Party do not. A result.
As one of the very few groups in the country, the Sorting delegates have not received a single penny of the pay rise since 2019. And if the Labor Party, the Socialist People’s Party and the Red Party get what they want, there will be no pay rise. One this year.
The Labor Party’s parliamentary committee has decided to cut wages shortly before Christmas. This came as a big surprise to the Conservatives, Frp and Sp. All parties asked for more time to take a stand.
SV wants to go even further and reduce pay. Then, in the future, they will only give Crone supplements instead of percentage supplements so that the distance to the general population does not increase.
– In the expectation of the Board of Trustees, which oversees the plans of the Committee and the Delegates, who generally look after the executive salary in the State, we believe it is right to freeze the present pay for the time being.
We are now cleaning up to restore confidence in Sporting. Therefore, from the point of view of the Labor Party, it is out of tune to give us the proposed wage growth, says Masood Karahkani (Labor), the leader of the Sorting.
Behind the unusual pay settlement in Løvebakken lurks in fear of how the pay rise for elected representatives will affect exposures about the misuse of commuter housing, diet and severance pay.
The proposal of the Independent Wage Board also plays a role in the fact that for the first time the salary will exceed one million kroner.
Not everyone agrees that it is appropriate when the government says it is focused on combating inequality.
It was Sporting’s presidency that recommended a pay rise for Sporting in the Plenary. In general, this is the current case, which ends with a majority on the committee’s proposal against the left – wing vote.
But this year the situation is not normal. The case was adjourned until January 14 because the president failed to agree before Christmas.
– Only then will it be clear what kind of majority and progress it is, says Masood Karahkani.
“The SP has called for a freeze in 2020, and we support it,” said Marit Ernst Stad, SP’s parliamentary speaker.
– But since Labor is now in favor, we do not recommend such a long-term freeze. We will try to find a solution that can create a majority in Sporting in 2021 and in the years to come. I can not proceed with the decision from there as it is currently being discussed in the presidency, says Ernstadt.
Conservatives and Greens are waiting
Conservative Sweeney Harberg, Sorting’s first vice president, has served on the party committee and as chairman.
– We are investigating the case and hope to clarify our final position next week, Harborg wants to say about this case.
Frps Morten Wold, Thording’s third vice president, does not know where his own party is headed:
– The FRP generally follows the panel’s recommendation. But given the extraordinary situation we are in, Walt says we will wait with our final decision until the president releases his recommendation.
Today it earns the lowest million
Today, the country’s leading politicians are paid the following:
- Representatives of Storting: NOK 987,997
- Prime Minister: 1,735. 682 Kroner
- Ministers: 1,410. 073 Kroner
Wages have been stagnant since 2019, pending a major review of politicians’ salaries. In parallel, Sorting appointed an independent pay commission in June. Among them were former judge Keer Engebrechtan, Professor Niles-Henrik van der Fer and former stock market director Pente A. Landsness are.
This fall, they propose to raise wages by 1.7 percent by 2020 and 2.7 percent by 2021. This is the same increase in front-row subjects. This framework is used in most payroll solutions in the private and public sectors.
The proposal to be decided by the parties in the next few days will provide the following new salaries:
- Representatives of Storting: 1,032. 838 Kroner
- Prime Minister: 1,814. 454 Croner
- Ministers: 1,474. 056 Croner
Storting’s salary is set to cross one million kroner for the first time. The fear that many politicians will be badly treated by “ordinary people” is a symbolic frontier. According to the Store government, this loosely defined group should now be given priority.
If Sporting decides to disable pay, it means that elected representatives have not received an additional coroner since 1 May 2019. There is a significant reduction in actual pay.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”